1. It is an express condition of entering onto or residing at Sea Shack (Pty) Ltd that all guests/visitors will be bound by this indemnity. The person signing this indemnity agrees to inform all guests/visitors in his/her party of the contents hereof and all such persons will be considered bound by the provisions contained herein.
2. All Guests/Visitors entering onto or residing at the property do so entirely at their own risk. Right of Admission is reserved.
3. All guests/visitors agree to indemnify Sea Shack (Pty) Ltd its owners, employees, agents, contractors and hold it blameless against acts or omissions not directly or indirectly related to our gross negligence or acts and occurrences beyond our reasonable control.
4. Sea Shack (Pty) Ltd does not express or imply any warranties or guarantees with respect to the properties’ services and facilities other than what is contained in the agreement between the parties.
5. The Guests/Visitors are not relying on any representation, guarantee or statement other than as set forth in the Terms and Conditions or by another written agreement between the parties. By signing this General Indemnity and Disclaimers, the guest/visitor acknowledges that he/she has read, understands and agrees to the Terms and Conditions and the Camp Rules.
6. Sea Shack (Pty) Ltd its owners, employees, agents, and contractors will not be held liable for any loss, theft or damage to any personal belongings, including but not limited to, cash, jewelry, electronic equipment, camping equipment, sporting and recreational equipment or motor vehicles, however caused, during your stay at Sea Shack (Pty) Ltd.
7. All guests/visitors and especially those with children must take specific note of the following, as Sea Shack (Pty) Ltd its owners, employees, agents, contractors shall not be held liable for loss of life, bodily injury or damage to or loss of property as a result of the following activities/situations:
7.1 Sea Shack (Pty) Ltd is located next to the ocean and there are no life guards on duty. Strong sea currents are common on the West Coast. Entering into the sea will be at the sole risk of guests/visitors. Children must be under responsible adult supervision at all times.
7.2 Sea Shack (Pty) Ltd has open fire pits, outdoor braai areas and gas operated appliances. All Guests/Visitors make use of these facilities at their own risk. Children must be under responsible adult supervision at all times. Any damages resulting from unattended fires or hot coals will be at the expense of the guest/visitor.
7.3 Sea Shack (Pty) Ltd is located within the Cape Columbine Nature Reserve and as such there will be animal life including but not limited to snakes, scorpions, spiders and mosquitoes. All guests/visitors should be aware of this and ensure they have adequate medical insurance if bitten. Children should be under responsible adult supervision at all times.
8. All guests/visitors agree to and consent to the jurisdiction of the Vredenburg Magistrates Court, Western Cape Province in the event of any litigation that may result from this agreement. Sea Shack (Pty) Ltd’s legal costs will be charged at attorney & own client scale.
Sea Shack (Pty) Ltd
Reg Nr. 2015/360109/07