At Sea Shack we offer a unique ‘Glamping’ experience living in and with nature. We do our best to provide everything essential to make your stay comfortable. We do suggest bringing along extra headlamps and your favourite fleecy blanket. Guests are reminded that there is no electricity supply on our premises but we do have solar powered facilities available for the charging of electronic devices. We do not have wifi but do have a reliable mobile signal at camp.
● A smile
● Mosquito/bug repellent
● Sunblock (high factor & water resistant)
● Cooler Box, ice bricks & ice (we have limited chilling facilities available in the communal kitchen)
● Closed shoes for hiking & your favourite flip flops for camp livin’
● Books to read
● Fishing/diving gear & surf equipment.
● Guitar (for evenings around the campfire)
● Camping chairs
● Warm clothes for evening.
● Wood & firelighters (we do have stock for sale at camp.)
● Personal Toiletries (please consider that we are an eco-friendly camp so if you could bring environmentally friendly soap/shampoo that would be great)
● Each shack is equipped with a solar lantern but please bring along extra torches and/or a head lamp for moving around at night.
● Sleeping bag/duvet (if you booked into a tent)
● Each shack has the following linen & bedding provided; a fitted sheet, 2 pillows in cases and a duvet(s) with cover. If you would like to bring an extra blanket for warmth or star gazing please do so – the evenings and early mornings are a bit chilly next to the ocean.
● We do not have a liquor license and therefore do not sell alcoholic beverages. You are welcome to bring your own.
● We do have a small tuck shop at camp for snacks and essentials but please bring food along for braai’ing/breakfast etc. There is a small convenience store in Paternoster 5kms away for some goods but groceries like meat, veggies etc. can only be bought in Vredenburg 20kms away.
● Raincoat / Umbrella
● Equipment / devices requiring electricity (hair dryers, music equipment etc.)
● Bright lights / fluorescent lights – attracts insects
● Glass (containers, bottles, drinking glasses) – people walk barefoot.